Participating students must meet the following criteria:
- Approval from current Francis Tuttle instructor
- Maintain an attendance rate of 91% or better
- Maintain a grade of C or better in FTTC program
- Have no disciplinary actions filed against the student before and/or during participation in eSports.
All participating students represent Francis Tuttle while participating in eSports. Participating students are required to abide by applicable laws, school district policy and the Core Values of Francis Tuttle Technology Center. Participants are required to play fairly and within the game rules. No cheating, bug exploitations or hacking/modifications are allowed.
Examples of cheating include, but are not limited to:
- Collusion, match-fixing, or any other action to intentionally alter, or attempt to alter the results of any Game or Match;
- Attempts to interfere with another player’s connection to the game service by any means;
- Intentionally exploiting an in-game glitch to gain an advantage;
- Tampering with the entry process or the operation;
- Attempting to view spectator monitors, attendee monitors or the live streams during a Game or Match; and
- Failure to use required equipment
Participants shall not conduct or promote any act of collusion. Collusion is defined as any agreement among two (2) or more participants and/or persons to disadvantage other participants.
Collusion includes, but is not limited to, acts such as:
- Soft play, which is defined as any agreement among two (2) or more participants to not damage, impede, or otherwise play to the best of their ability in a game;
- Agreeing to a ruleset outside the rules;
- Pre-arranging to split the competition prize with someone other than on a participant’s own Team;
- Sending or receiving signals, electronic or otherwise, from a confederate to/from a participant during competition play;
- Deliberately losing a game, detrimentally altering performance for compensation or for any other reason, or attempting to induce another participant to do so.
Participants shall not conduct or promote any act of intentionally disconnecting from any game. All Players must remain in an official game for the entirety of the game.6
Any behavior that is threatening, intimidating, demeaning, bullying or any other forms of harassment or intolerance is forbidden. Any violation of this policy will result in immediate removal from the eSports program and possible disciplinary actions consistent with existing student discipline policy.
If a student becomes ineligible while participating in the eSports program, the student will not be able to participate in the gaming activities until the student shows that s/he meets all the eligibility requirements or otherwise been reinstated by the school. If a student violates the eSports Code of Conduct, s/he will immediately be removed from the program.